CV and Interview Tips
1. Research the company – take notes in with you!
2. 10 Questions to ask - remember you are interviewing them too!
3. Prepare for questions they will ask you – it’s not a memory test take these details in with you!
4. Docton Solutions Hints and Tips – It’s the little things that make the difference!
- Wear business dress
- Make sure your hygiene is in check
- Make sure your hair/ facial hair is appropriate
- Re-iterate that you are interested in the job
- Ask for feedback/ any objections
- Take any certificates with you
- Take any references with you
- Shake hands before and after the interview
- Relax, try to get your personality across too
1. Remember the basics
- Put your contact information on there: email address, day time contact number
- When do you want to be contacted and how?
- Explain your experience with previous positions (remember: Employers don’t want to read war and peace), consider bullet points and paraphrasing.
- No spelling or grammatical errors
2. Simple is effective
- Keep a plain background
- Use paragraphs and bullet points
- Be concise in your writing
3. Keep it up to date
- Add any qualifications you receive on there
- Add newer and more relevant achievements
- Ensure your contact information is up to date